Apex is an authorised Microsoft software licensing reseller and we can help you with your licensing requirements.
Microsoft have changed their licensing agreements to make them more friendly and cost effective for education and have released their Enrolment for Education Solutions (EES), which is an easy, cost-effective licensing offer that provides academic institutions with assured coverage for desktop platform products with one annual employee and/or student count, the flexibility to add products in any quantity and simplified asset management—all under a single subscription agreement.
EES Key Benefits
- An affordable volume based price and the rights to the latest Microsoft Enterprise software products, including: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, Windows® 7 Enterprise, Microsoft Core Client Access License (CAL) Suite, and Microsoft Enterprise Client Access License (ECAL) Suite.
- The simplicity of counting FTE employees and/or students just once per year.
- Software Assurance; a powerful combination of benefits that include new version rights, the Home Use Program (HUP), and many other advantages, including tools, and training resources.
- A broad selection of additional Microsoft software products that may be licensed in any quantity.
- Live@edu, which provides email, calendars, document sharing, instant messaging, video chat, and mobile email accessible through many popular web browsers.
- Predictable annual payments with a one-year or three-year term option.
EES participating benefits
- Easy Compliance: Through the simplicity and predictability of counting FTE employees and/or students just once per year, you can be confident you are fully covered for the desktop platform products you’ve selected regardless of yearly fluctuations in employees, students, or devices.
- Customized Solutions:Easily add additional products either organization-wide, department-wide, or for individual licenses at any time during your subscription term so you can deliver the right mix of technology and services to your faculty, staff, and students.
- A broad selection of Microsoft software products, such as Microsoft Office Visio® drawing and diagramming software, Microsoft Office Project, Office 365, the Windows Server® operating system, and Microsoft Exchange Server are available as Additional Products through EES.
- Student Licensing options are also available and provide a convenient and cost-effective way for you to license software and services for your students so they may collaborate easily and have access to the software they need.
- Simplified Asset Management: Self-service tools such as the Volume Licensing Service Center enable you to easily track and manage your software assets and Software Assurance benefits from one convenient, online location.
- Low Administration: Subscription licensing eliminates the need to track licenses for the selected desktop platform products on every PC which enables your IT staff to be more productive as they no longer have to track multiple licenses across the institution.
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership: Realize the maximum value from your licensing investment with included benefits such as access to current technology, Work at Home Rights for faculty and staff, product evaluation rights, Software Assurance for Microsoft Volume Licensing and Microsoft Live@edu.